I hold a PhD in Pedagogy and I am currently a researcher in Didactics and Special Pedagogy (M-PED / 03). I teach “Methodology of training and special activities” (Degree in Education and Training Sciences at the Milan and Piacenza campus of the Catholic University).
I have been collaborating with CREMIT since 2013, carrying out teaching and research activities. My research interests deal with forms of online intolerance and extremism, racism 2.0, citizenship education, e-tutoring, cyberbullying and research areas that combine media education with social and intercultural pedagogy. I am Project Manager of several research and training projects focusing on digital citizenship. I am a research fellow in M-PED/03 at CREMIT (“In-service training of teachers and ICT”), and lecturer in “Methodology of training and special activities” (Degree in Education and Training Sciences).
Studies and professional training
I earned my MA degree in Contemporary History at the University of Milan (my MA thesis was entitled: “The war in Kosovo and the Italian Catholic press”). I started my collaboration with the Research Center on Intercultural Relations of the Catholic University (topics: Didactics of the Shoah and the genocide of Roma and Sinti, intercultural relations, citizenship education, second generations, Roma and Sinti, early school leaving).
I have earned a PhD in Pedagogy, under the supervision of Professor Pier Cesare Rivoltella, conducting my research on the topic: “Prejudice 2.0. Forms of intolerance in contemporary youth culture. Theoretical models and educational practices” (evaluation received: excellent). The years of my doctorate offered me the opportunity to hybridize the themes of intercultural and social pedagogy with Media Education, which led to a collaboration with CREMIT. In particular, I am part of the working group on sexting and cyberbullying “DECIDE” (Defining oneself as Digital Citizens). I participated in the realization of the Cyberbullying and Virtually and Digital Education MOOCs. I was the e-tutor of the course for four ears.
From 2018 to 2021 I was research fellow in Didactics and Special Pedagogy. I have also been Project Manager for numerous projects for CREMIT related to digital citizenship education.
I am a member of the Technical Board of the USR for “training for managers and teachers towards an education against all forms of violent extremism”. For MIUR, I participated in the development of the “Guidelines on the implementation of paragraph 16 of art. 1 of Law 107/2015” and I am a member of the “National Observatory for the monitoring and promotion of educational and training initiatives on issues of gender equality and violence against women”. I coordinated the creation of the multimedia guide “Giving memory a future. Roma and Sinti in Italy and in the world” (www.romsintimemory.it). I was appointed by MIUR member of the “Working Group for the training of teachers and school managers on issues related to Porrajmos, with attention towards the National Inclusion Strategy for Roma, Sinti, and Caminanti”. I collaborated in several activities for the “No Hate Parliamentary Alliance” of the Council of Europe.
Since 2019 I have been collaborating with the Morcelliana-Scholé Publishing House.
Research and intervention areas
– Racisms 2.0, online prejudice and hate, online hate speech, forms of cyberstupidity.
– Citizenship education.
– Media education and interculturality.
– Digital environments and processes of radicalization and violent extremism.
– Migration flows, Web and digital skills.
– Prevention and fight against discrimination (xenophobia, Islamophobia, anti-gitanism, anti-Semitism, etc).
– Roma and Sinti groups.
– Didactics of the Shoah and Porrajmos.
– School dropout.
– Virtual research and ethnography.
– Information education.
- Since 2015 I have been part of the Sciences Po research team (Paris) within the European program “MARG-IN. MARGinalisation / INclusion” (policies on migrant Roma in France, Spain, Italy.
- 2016-17 I participated in the research with the University of Loughborough on the European project “New Italians. The Re-Making of the Nation in the Age of Migration”.
- 2017 I took part in the project (FAMI) “European Skills Passport for Refugees (ESPaR)” (Catholic University of Milan).
- 2018-19 I took part in the project “STORY_S – Springboard to Rome Youth Success” for the University of Bergamo.
- Since 2019 I have been participating in the “PriMED – Prevention and Interaction in the Trans-Mediterranean Space” project, created by a consortium of Italian universities (twelve) belonging to OCI countries – Organization of the Islamic Conference (ten), coordinated by the University of Eastern Piedmont.
- I participated in the interdisciplinary research project of the Catholic University “Social relations at the time of personal media in the Italian ecclesial reality”.
For the paper “Razzismi 2.0. A proposal to analyze the forms of intolerance in contemporary youth culture” I won the “Sirem Young Researcher Award 2017”.
In 2019, I won Siped’s “Italian Prize of Pedaogy” for the book Razzismi 2.0. Socio-educational analysis of hate online.